The circuitry of the R449 Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) provides closed loop control of the alternator output voltage by regulating the exciter field current. Which can be powered by either AREP or the PMG field excitation systems and is fitted as standard on 8100 Series Alternators & 9100 Series Alternators.
R 449 voltage Regulator is of a shunt type. It is designed to fit as Standard on A50 to A54 alternators. It can be supplied with power either by a power VT, or by the AREP field excitation system, or by a single-phase or 3-phase PMG, Using the R 726 external module, the regulator can control the power Factor (2F) and can match the alternator voltage to the mains voltage (3F) prior to synchronization. The circuitry of the R449 automatic voltage regulator provides closed loop control of the alternator output voltage by regulating the exciter field current.
- Quad-rature droop adjustment
- Alternator output voltage adjustment
- Stability adjustment
- LAM Threshold (under speed) adjustment
- Excitation ceiling adjustment
- Selection of single phase or three phase voltage sensing
- Selection of normal or rapid response time
- 50 Hz or 60 Hz frequency option
- Remote voltage adjustment option
- LAM enable/disable option